Friday 23 May 2014

Sinless Cookies Recipe

It's no secret that I love a cookie considering my third recipe blog post is, that's right, MORE cookies. These aren't just ordinary cookies though, as surprisingly, they aren't that bad for you at all! They actually contain mainly healthy ingredients meaning that you can tuck into these treats without feeling guilty!

My cookies had more of a cake texture, they really reminded me of banana loaf infact. This meant that I wasn't sure whether to name them cookies or cakes or even cakies, that's a cross between a cookie and a cake incase you are wondering. I settled for cookies in the end though as I actually came across this recipe on a fitness Instagram account called beinspiredthissummer so I thought it was best to stick to the original name.

To make 8 cookies you will need:

1 cup of oats
2 ripe bananas
A heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips


Chop your banana into small pieces and mash it up using a blender or a fork. Don't worry if your mashed banana is a bit chunky, it all adds to the texture!


Add both the mashed banana and the cup of oats into a large mixing bowl and stir together.



Once the oats and banana are combined, mix in the heaped tablespoon of peanut butter.


Stir in half a cup of dark chocolate chips. A little bit of dark chocolate is actually good for your health, it's full of antioxidants and a small amount can help lower your blood pressure.




Separate the mixture into 8 small balls on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper and bake at gas mark 4 for about 15 minutes.



I think you'll find that these cookies don't spread or completely flatten out as much as you'd expect normal cookies to. I can only assume that that is because of the different ingredients.


It's that simple! Enjoy!

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." - George Bernard Shaw

Lots of love,

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment